- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 pinch sugar
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Toss the eggplant cubes, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and salt directly on a quarter sheet pan and roast for 30 minutes, or until caramelized and tender. Turn off the oven.
- Season the cooked eggplant with the lemon juice, sugar, black pepper, the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch more salt if you feel it needs it, and toss together (I like to do this straight in the sheet pan). Place back in the turned-off oven for 5 more minutes.
- Finish with the fresh mint and serve at room temperature.