This is a quiche/quesadilla which means you can eat it for breakfast or dinner. The flavors are simple but tasty.
- 1 (10-inch) flour tortilla (burrito size)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin discarded, meat shredded into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- (optional) 1/3 cup drained jarred pickled jalapenos, chopped
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Press tortilla into prepared pie plate and spray lightly with cooking spray. Toss chicken, cilantro, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and jalapenos (optional) in large bowl until combined. Spread filling over tortilla.
- Whisk eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in bowl until smooth. Slowly pour over filling, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until surface is golden brown, about 16-20 minutes, and when knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.